Friday, November 21, 2008

Unanswered Questions

I frequently throw my questions about life out to the void, and either I figure things out, an answer comes to me, or the problem resolves itself. However, lately I have been feeling like my questions are being answered in a foreign language, like the universe is yelling at me "DO THIS" only I don't understand what the message is, only that it is urgent. I would dare to say that none of my current questions would warrant such a dramatic response. If you do not believe in fate, the power of the universe, signs, or the like, you may not understand the feelings I am trying to express.

I will admit, sometimes, I can read the signs wrong. Today for example, while running some errands, I passed a police officer supervising traffic around a construction zone. It was right around 32 degrees F today, so a bit nippy. At that moment, I thought "I should bring him some coffee." Well, after running my errands I had all but forgotten about the frozen "copcicle" until I ran through a drive through to get myself a coffee and my daughter a doughnut. The clerk accidentally charged me for 2 coffees and the doughnut. I had put the charge on my debit card, so instead of going through the hassle of removing the charge, getting a refund, etc, I thought maybe this was a sign that I SHOULD take that cold police officer a nice hot cup of coffee. So, away I went with the piping hot coffee, only to find that the construction crew including the supervising police officer were gone. So, my efforts at good karma were thwarted today.

I have gotten off topic. I still have my questions about my life, direction, goals, paths, and I am hoping that someday very soon I start to recieve my responses in English. Or at the very least, clearer signs that point me in the right direction!
Thanks for reading.

No comments: